My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Ask Your Question

WebMD Answers

120 Characters remaining
120 Characters remaining
  • First, try and keep your question as short as possible.
  • Include specific words that will help us identify questions that may already have your answer.
  • If you don't find your answer, you can post your question to WebMD Experts and Contributors.


Posted: | Report This Report Question |

I have a red moist itchy spot under my penis. In between my testicals and penis.

Related Topics: Penis, Testicle

Answers From Experts & Organizations (1)

Primary Care
5,373 Answers
34,138 Helpful Votes

Obviously, I have no way of examining you or seeing this moist, itchy spot first-hand (please don't post a photo), but it may be tinea cruris, also known a jock itch; a yeast/fungal skin infection. Fungus loves warm, dark, moist areas and guess what? This is one of them...

To be professionally diagnosed, you would need to see your medical provider, but if you want to try some over-the-counter, antifungal medications (your pharmacist can help choose one for you) to see if it helps, you may be able to skip and expensive medical visit. If this area gets worse or painful, or has signs of a bacterial infection (pus, oozing, tender swelling), then you will need to get medical care immediately.

This answer should not be considered medical advice...down arrowThis answer should not be considered medical advice and should not take the place of a doctor’s visit. Please see the bottom of the page for more information or visit our Terms and Conditions.up arrow

| Report This Report Answer

Was this helpful?


Thanks for your feedback.

5 of 8 found this helpful