My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Ask Your Question

WebMD Answers

120 Characters remaining
120 Characters remaining
  • First, try and keep your question as short as possible.
  • Include specific words that will help us identify questions that may already have your answer.
  • If you don't find your answer, you can post your question to WebMD Experts and Contributors.


Posted: | Report This Report Question |

My husband had a vasectomy years ago. Is it possible to extract his sperm and use it for artificial insemination?


Answers From Experts & Organizations (1)

Primary Care
5,356 Answers
34,022 Helpful Votes

It's possible, but sometimes the body builds up sperm antibodies that may be problematic when it comes to fertilizaton -- you would need to speak to a fertility specialist about this process.. Extracting sperm for in vitro fertilization or having a vasectomy reversal are expensive procedures that are not likely covered by your health insurance.

This answer should not be considered medical advice...down arrowThis answer should not be considered medical advice and should not take the place of a doctor’s visit. Please see the bottom of the page for more information or visit our Terms and Conditions.up arrow

| Report This Report Answer

Was this helpful?


Thanks for your feedback.

6 of 6 found this helpful